1. Indicate the size of the raise you would give each of these employees.
2. What criteria did you use in determining the size of the raise?
3. What do you think would be the feelings of the other people in the group if they should
find out what raises you recommend?
4. Do you think the employees would eventually find out what raises others received? Would
Incident 16-2: Conducting a Performance Appraisal
This case illustrates a performance appraisal system that does not produce the required result,
thus requiring immediate action and changes in the method used.
1. Do you think a raise was justified in Paul’s situation? Explain
2. What could have been done differently in the performance appraisal session?