13) Middleware is hardware that connects applications together and allows them to
14) Java has become the standard for developing server-side applications.
15) Web services are modules of code that can be combined to create business processes at the
moment when they are needed.
16) Procedure-based activities are large-volume transactions where each transaction has a
relatively high cost or value.
17) Large-volume information systems were first built to automate accounting transactions and
then progressed to include manufacturing, administration, and sales transactions.
18) Application life cycle management can dramatically improve the application development
19) As software application activities grow rapidly to meet more complex organizational
requirements and tight delivery deadlines, quality has become a nontrivial issue.
20) While applications are getting more complex in an open platform environment, security
remains relatively straightforward.
Which of the following is not a phase of the Waterfall development methodology?
A) Coding and Debugging
B) Cost Benefit Analysis
C) Operations and Maintenance
D) All of the above are phases of the Waterfall development methodology.
22) Which of the following is a goal of structured development methodologies?
A) establish documentation standards
B) higher reliability
C) more efficient use of system resources