CHAPTER REVIEW/Answers to test your skills
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might an identity thief use the Internet to exploit her victim?
2. Which of the following is not an ideal place to seek phone numbers and addresses?
3. Why do you not want too much personal data about you on the Internet?
4. How could a hacker use information about you found through Internet searches?
5. If you hire a new employee, which of the following should you do?
6. Which of the following would be LEAST important to know about a potential business partner?
7. What information would provide the most accurate results for locating a person?
8. Of the Web sites listed in this chapter, which would be the most useful to obtain the address and
phone number of someone who does not live in the United States?
9. Where would you go to find various state sex offender registries?
10. What is most important to learn about a person listed in a sex offender registry?
11. Which Web search approach is best when checking criminal backgrounds?