multinational trade agreements falls under the Ministerial Conference, which meets every two years.
8. The objectives of the Dispute Settlement Understanding are to implement a number of measures
designed to improve the way trading quarrels are handled. For example, the DSU has set up a series of
precise time limits for the stages in a trade conflict. The DSU ensures that a network of comprehensive
9. The major purpose of NAFTA is to establish a trading market in North America free of the
burdens imposed by internal tariff barriers. Thus, each country within the agreement can take
10. The European Union is a coalition of European nations. The EU was created to formulate a
Cases for Analysis
1. Taking the definitions of armed conflict outlined within the Geneva Conventions together with
2. No. Arkansas was incorrect. The federal district court does have extra territorial power to mediate
this international trade dispute. The court said, “[C]ertain factors are relevant in determining whether
the contracts and interests of the United States are sufficient to support the exercise of extra territorial
jurisdiction. These include the citizenship of the defendant, the effect on United States commerce, and
the existence of a conflict with foreign law.” In this case, Arkansas, the defendant, is a U.S.
corporation. Second, there was no conflict with foreign law because Arkansas had no registration
privileges within Saudi Arabia. Finally, the court found an impact upon American commerce despite