Chapter 04 - Using an Appropriate Style
110. Reserving this property requires a $500 security deposit, which will be refunded unless
there is damage to the property or evidence that there has been smoking in the cottage or
a pet on the premises or if the reservation is canceled within 30 days prior to the rental
111. The Consumer Education Committee is assigned the duties of keeping informed of the
qualities of all consumer goods and services, especially of their strengths and
shortcomings, of gathering all pertinent information on dealers’ sales practices, with
emphasis on practices involving honest and reasonable fairness, and of publicizing any of
the information collected that may be helpful in educating the consumer.
112. The upswing in business activity that began in 2013 is expected to continue and possibly
accelerate in 2014, and gross domestic product should rise by $544 billion, representing a
4 percent increase, which is significantly higher than the modest 2 percent increase of
113. As you will not get this part of Medicare automatically, even if you are covered by Social
Security, you must sign up for it and pay $88.50 per month, which the government will
match, if you want your physician’s bills to be covered.
114. Given our discussion yesterday, I have decided that you may choose either to take the
final exam or to have the paper for which you received your highest grade count as an
additional 15 percent of your course grade, but you must let me know in writing by May
1 which option you prefer.
Copyright © 2015 McGraw-Hill Education. All rights reserved. No reproduction or distribution without the prior written consent of