B U SI N ES S D R I V E N I N F O R M AT I O N
SYS T E M S
1. How do integrations connect a corporation?
Integrations allow separate systems to communicate directly with each other, eliminating the
need for manual entry into multiple systems. Building integrations allows the sharing of
2. What is the dierence between forward and backward integrations?
Forward integration takes information entered into a given system and sends it automatically
3. What are the 5ve primary activities in a supply chain?
4. What is the bullwhip eect and how can it impact a supply chain and a 5rm’s profitability?
The bullwhip eect distorted product-demand information ripples from one partner to the
5. What are supply chain planning systems, supply chain execution systems, and demand
Supply chain planning systems use advanced mathematical algorithms to improve the $ow and
efficiency of the supply chain while reducing inventory. Supply chain execution systems ensure
6. What are the challenges associated with SCM systems?
The primary challenges associated with supply chain management include costs and
7. Why are customer relationships important to an organization? Do you agree that every
business needs to focus on customers to survive in the information age?
Business Driven Information Systems Review Questions Instructors Manual Page 3 of 7