All phases in the systems development life cycle are important. One of
5. If you had to skip a phase during the development of a system,
which phase would it be and why?
You should never skip any phases during the systems development life
6. Which phase in the systems development life cycle contains the
most risk? Be sure to explain your answer.
All phases have risk but where most projects fail is in analysis of the
7. Which project management methodology would you choose to
run your software development project?
8. If you started on a new software development project and the
project plan was using the waterfall methodology, would you
remain on the project? What could you do to better prepare your
project for success?
Any project using the waterfall approach is doomed for failure and you
9. Explain the different types of feasibility studies a project
manager can use to prioritize project importance.
The di erent feasibility studies include economic, operational, schedule,
10. Why should end users be involved in the systems development
End users should be heavily involved in every phase of the systems
development life cycle to ensure the project is complete to their
11. Why would a project manager use Gantt and PERT charts?