4. What are the three forms of MIS infrastructures and what do they
Information MIS infrastructure identi!es where and how important
information, such as customer records, is maintained and secured and
support operations. An agile MIS Infrastructure includes the hardware,
5. List the characteristics of an agile MIS infrastructure and explain
why they are all critical for supporting change.
6. Explain what capacity planning is and how it can help a business
prepare for growth.
Capacity planning determines future environmental infrastructure
requirements to ensure high-quality system performance. If a company
7. Explain the di<erence between fault tolerance and failover.
Fault tolerance is the ability for a system to respond to unexpected
8. Compare the di<erences among a hot, cold, and warm site.
A hot site is a separate and fully equipped facility where the company can
move immediately after a disaster and resume business. A cold site is a
9. What is Moore’s Law and how does it a<ect companies?
Moore’s Law, which refers to the computer chip performance per dollar
doubles every 18 months. Although Moore originally assumed a two-year