The first step in crisis intervention is to achieve contact. When initiating contact with a
client after a crisis, the nurse should not:
1. Collect information regarding health conditions.
2. Provide for emotional and physical safety of client.
3. Discuss the nurse's personal experiences with crises.
4. Identify feelings, reactions, and perceptions of client.
An adolescent female client who had lived on the street for at least a year dresses
provocatively, wears heavy make-up, and is flirtatious in her interactions with adults.
1. Directs her to wash her face and put on appropriate clothing.
2. Recognizes the client may be acting out her life script.
3. Restricts the client to her room.
4. Encourages her to seek spiritual guidance.