13) The area of study that examines how environmental factors influence gene
expression without changing the DNA is known as ____.
c. nutritional genomics
14) Which of the following dietary components is thought to be protective against
certain types of cancer?
b. Inositol and biotin
c. Certain saturated fats
d. Protein from animal sources
e. Certain sugars
15) The number of extra kcalories per day needed to produce a normal supply of milk
during the first six months of lactation is approximately
16) Which of the following is a feature of kefir?
a. Its low pH inactivates lactose.
b. It contains live bacterial organisms.
c. It contains half as much lactose as milk.
d. It is a recommended substitute for people with milk allergy.
e. It is particularly difficult for people who are lactose intolerant to digest.
17) Which of the following is a characteristic of iron utilization?
a. Most of the body's iron is recycled