Copyright Cengage Learning. Powered by Cognero.
60. The Department of the Treasury has administrative control over the section of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that
investigates crime. The investigative arm of the IRS is called the __________.
61. Every few years, the Bureau of Justice Statistics attempts to create a clear picture of the U.S. law enforcement industry
as part of its _________________ program.
62. After warning in 2004 that a key federal agency lacked the resources to protect our national parks and monuments, the
Fraternal Order of Police argued for management changes and a bigger budget for the _______________.
63. In response to law enforcement’s need for more flexible, in-depth data, the Unified Crime Reports (UCR) formulated
the __________, which presents comprehensive, detailed information about crime incidents to law enforcement,
researchers, governmental planners, students of criminal justice, and the general public.
64. The four major U.S. cabinet departments that administer most federal law enforcement agencies and personnel
are__________, __________, __________, and __________.
65. Rural and small-town law enforcement agencies engage in __________ programs with neighboring agencies, coming
to one another’s aid when necessary.
66. The U. S. __________ is in charge of the enforcement of the laws regarding counterfeiting of U.S. currency.
67. __________ is the worldwide organization established for the development of cooperation among nations regarding
common police problems.
68. The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) falls under the control of __________________.
69. ____________ has the most full-time state and local law enforcement employees in the United States, with over
70. The __________ offers consultative services on cold-case serial homicides, as well as several other types of cases.
71. Would you approve a strategic operation like Operation Fast and Furious to potentially eliminate a criminal
organization? Why or why not?
72. Summarize the reasons for the reorganization of the Federal Bureau of Investigation after 9/11 and the organizational
changes that were made.
73. Identify reasons for the emergence of gangs in small towns and strategies that can be used to combat them.
74. Compare and contrast the duties of metropolitan and county law enforcement.
75. Identify some strategies police departments have used to continue providing services when budgets are reduced.
76. What are special jurisdictional police departments, and what exactly do they do?
77. Explain the role of Interpol in policing and its relationship to U.S. police departments.
78. A controversial issue in current law enforcement is the cooperation and escalating involvement of local police with
federal immigration officials in enforcing immigration laws. Should local officers assist immigration authorities? Why, or