Which of the following functional dependency diagrams accurately represents the
- A campus has many buildings.
- Each building has a unique name.
- Each building has many rooms.
- All rooms in any given building are numbered sequentially starting at "101."
- Each room has a certain capacity, although many rooms in the same building or
different buildings may have the same capacity.
- Each room is assigned to a single department.
- A department may have many rooms in one or more buildings, each with the same or
A) BuildingName → (RoomNumber, Capacity, Department)
B) RoomNumber → (BuildingName, Department, Capacity)
C) (Department, Capacity) → (BuildingName, RoomNumber)
D) (BuildingName, Capacity) → (Department, RoomNumber)
E) (BuildingName, RoomNumber) → (Capacity, Department)
Which of the following is not true about a relation?
A) A relation is a two-dimensional table.
B) The cells of a relation must hold a single value.
C) A relation may have duplicate column names.