True / False
1. A virtual private network is a way to use the Internet to create a connection between a
remote user and a central location.
2. IPsec can only encrypt the packet data but not the header information.
3. L2TP uses IPsec for its encryption.
4. Kerberos is an authentication protocol that uses a ticket granting system that sends an
encrypted ticket to the user’s machine.
5. A digital signature is used to guarantee who sent a message. This is referred to as non-
6. Public key encryption is fast becoming the most widely used type of encryption
because there are no issues to deal with concerning distribution of keys.
7. PGP involves only private key encryption.
8. The most widely used symmetric key algorithm is Advanced Encryption Standard.
9. Cipher text is encrypted text.
10. Binary numbers are made up of 0s and 1s.
1. ______________ is the process to scramble a message or other information so that it
cannot be easily read.