True / False
1. Blocking ICMP packets may help prevent denial-of-service attacks.
2. A smurf attack is a type of malware attack.
3. The ping –l option changes the size of the packet you can send.
4. A denial-of-service attack is one of the most common attacks on a system.
5. SYN cookies are a form of attack.
6. Stack tweaking is a method to alter the TCP stack so that a timeout takes less time
when a SYN connection is left incomplete.
7. A teardrop attack involves sending a forged packet to the victim.
8. An echo-chargen attack occurs when the attacker sends a forged packet with the same
source IP address and destination IP address as the target’s IP address.
9. The group Anonymous is a supporter of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange and
launched multiple distributed denial-of-service attacks on various financial companies.
10. A firewall can be configured to disallow certain types of incoming traffic that may be
1. Which type of attack attempts to overload the system with requests, denying legitimate
a. Denial of service
b. ip spoofing
d. None of the above