True / False
1. “Pump and dump” refers to the process in which a con artist purchases a large amount
of a virtually worthless stock, then circulates rumors that inflate the stock’s value, and
then sells for a profit.
2. When fraudulent sellers bid on the seller’s items to drive up the price, it is called bid
3. Identity theft and identity fraud refer to all types of crime in which someone
wrongfully obtains and uses another person’s personal data in some way that involves
fraud or deception.
4. The process to induce you to provide personal information through a website is called
5. Experts consider Romania the country with the strictest cybercrime laws.
6. Firefox is an example of a phishing site.
7. One good practice in a chat room is not to use your real name.
8. Someone who uses the Internet to harass, threaten, or intimidate another person is
guilty of identity theft.
9. One good rule that applies to online investing is “Never invest money that you cannot
afford to lose.”
10. First-party cookies are the less likely to violate user privacy than third party cookies.
1. Which of the following is a type of fraud in which an auction site bidder is actually
the seller with a fake identity, who bids high drive up the price?
a. Shill bidding