True / False
1. The notation used to perform variable-length subnet asking for IP addresses is CIDR.
2. The name you type into a browser’s address bar, such as www.microsoft.com, is
known as the IP locator.
3. The IP command-line command to determine your computer’s IP address, subnet
mask, and default gateway is ping.
4. The IP command-line command to determine the number of hops it takes to get from
your computer to its destination is ping.
5. No protocols operate at the physical layer of the OSI model.
6. The session layer of the OSI model provides the mechanism to manage the dialogue
between end-user application processes.
7. The TCP protocol works at the network layer of the OSI model.
8. MAC addresses are unique addresses for each NIC.
9. The first four bytes of the MAC address identify the vendor.
10. A host is a machine with data on it, to which you can connect.
1. Unshielded twisted-pair cable capable with a specification of 100 MHz/100 Mbps is
also called Category ________.