True / False
1. The Domain Name Service is what translates human-readable domain names into IP
addresses that computers and routers understand.
2. The type of hacking that involves breaking into telephone systems is called sneaking.
3. The technique for breaching a system’s security by exploiting human nature rather than
technology is war-driving.
4. Malware is a generic term for software that has a malicious purpose.
5. Software that lays dormant until some specific condition is met is a Trojan horse.
6. Someone who breaks into a system legally to assess security deficiencies is a sneaker.
7. Auditing is the process to determine if a user’s credentials are authorized to access a
8. Confidentiality, integrity, and availability are three pillars of the CIA triangle.
9. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 requires government
agencies to identify sensitive systems, conduct computer security training, and develop
computer security plans.
10The SANS Institute website is a vast repository of security-related documentation.
1. In which type of hacking does the user block access from legitimate users without
actually accessing the attacked system?
a. Denial of service