The Joint Commission standards and goals shape organization practice and documentation, thereby affecting
information system documentation design. The Joint Commission assesses organizations for compliance with set
standards. Which of the following statements are considered standards?
Standard Text: Select all that apply.
1. Measures to protect information confidentiality, security, and integrity
2. Uniform definitions and methods for data capture as a means to facilitate data comparison within and among
health care institutions
3. Education on the principles of information management and training for system use. This may include
education about the transformation of data into information for subsequent use in decision support and statistical
4. Accurate, timely transmission of information
5. Integration of clinical systems (i.e., pharmacy, nursing, laboratory, and radiology systems) and nonclinical
systems for ready availability of information