Rationale 2: Avoiding phone calls and letters is considered a benefit.
Rationale 3: Decreasing waiting time is considered a benefit.
Rationale 4: Sensitive lab or test information must be discussed in person or on the telephone.
Cognitive Level: Applying
Client Need: Safe Effective Care Environment
Client Need Sub: Management of Care
Nursing/Integrated Concepts: Communication and Documentation
PHRs can enhance a health care provider's clinical practice in a number of ways. Which of the following are
associated with the benefits of the PHR and medication management?
Standard Text: Select all that apply.
1. Allows patients to check and improve quality of medication list (medication reconciliation)
2. Encourages discussion with doctor to improve adherence
3. Patient can share medication information with other providers
4. Health care provider can access information on prescription refills
5. Allows the health care provider and patient immediate communication with pharmacy