Copyright © 2009 Pearson Education, Inc. Publishing as Prentice Hall
The Importance of Information Systems Management, 8e (McNurlin/Sprague/Bui)
Chapter 8 Managing Partner-Based IT Operations
1) IT operations budgets contain hardware expenses only, software is budgeted with new
2) Disaster recovery planning is typically part of the IS operations budget.
3) System response time is considered an external operational measure.
4) In order to effectively manage IT operations, only internal measures such as network
downtime are needed.
5) According to Congleton, it is easier to recruit IT operations managers than IT project
managers because of the large budgets that they manage.
6) The trend towards client-based distributed computing has made IT operations management
7) Outsourcing is strictly an IT concern and does not involve business drivers.
8) Transitional outsourcing involves long-term contracts to develop and maintain strategic
9) Outsourcing all or most of a reengineered process is referred to as shared services
10) Managing outsourcing simplifies IT operations consisting solely of tracking project status.
11) Service level agreements are an important part of any outsourcing relationship because they
specify supplier performance requirements.