Copyright © 2009 Pearson Education, Inc. Publishing as Prentice Hall
The Importance of Information Systems Management, 8e (McNurlin/Sprague/Bui)
Chapter 7 Managing Corporate Information Resources
1) Information is facts where the meaning or intent is supplied by a particular usage.
2) Information is data in context.
3) Wisdom is information with direction or intent.
4) All Web-enabled database models are relational.
5) The hierarchal data model uses a partner-child relationship.
6) In the network data model, relationships are usually specified by pointers.
7) Relational databases use tables to store data.
8) The object data model stores data, procedures that can be performed on that data, attributes
describing that data, and relationships between the data object and others.
9) Data used outside the organizational unit that creates it is usually controlled by the data
10) Data warehouses contain all data used to process daily transactions.
11) Metadata is data about data.
12) A Data Pod is a subset of a data warehouse, usually designed to support a specific group of