Copyright © 2009 Pearson Education, Inc. Publishing as Prentice Hall
12) Wireless WiFi networks have consumed most of the available licensed frequencies making
future expansion difficult.
13) Wireless communication is primarily based on laser technology, hence its increased
14) Security is not a major issue associated with wireless computing.
15) Wireless LANs are replacing wired LANs in businesses.
16) Unlike data-centric networks, voice-centric networks assume intelligent user devices that
provide the addressing information.
17) Almost any type of information content can be converted into a digital form.
18) An open network is based on national or international standards so that the products of
many manufacturers can attach to it.
19) When an OSI layer receives a message from the next higher layer, it performs the requested
services and then wraps that message in its own layer of control information for use by the
corresponding layer at the receiving end.
20) Anyone can create a wireless device to operate in unlicensed frequencies without first
getting a license from the government.
21) Which of the following is true of the public switched telephone network (PSTN)?
A) It utilizes circuit switching to enable analog voice communication.
B) It utilizes packet switching to enable analog voice communication.
C) Analog signals are sent as sine waves.
D) All of the above