13) Web Services refers to software modules that have their own URLs and can be called upon
to perform their function via the Internet.
14) Service-oriented architecture is designed to extract data from one system for use in another.
15) An SOA can be implemented by utilizing Web Protocols to achieve a loose coupling between
two or more distinct services.
16) The more complex a system is, the more important its architecture is to the interrelationships
among the system components.
17) An IT architecture includes the processors, software, databases, electronic links, and data
centers, as well as the standards that ensure that the components seamlessly work together.
18) The Internet has become a global electronic infrastructure at the center of a worldwide
19) A distributed database is a database that is stored in one physical location
20) Opens systems is a reference to standardized interfaces that will allow applications to
interoperate across multivendor networks, operating systems, and databases.
21) Which of the following is a valid type of system interoperability?
A) a two-way flow of messages between user applications
B) transparent communications between systems using system protocols
C) internal power dissipation from computing cycles
D) All of the above are valid.
22) Which of the following is true of open systems?
A) The Internet is considered an open system.
B) Unix is considered an open system.
C) Linux is considered an open system.
D) All of the above