Copyright © 2009 Pearson Education, Inc. Publishing as Prentice Hall
11) Hacker tools are becoming increasingly sophisticated and easier to use allowing hackers to
outsmart the countermeasures used by companies to protect themselves.
12) A malicious program can be housed inside an innocent program that appears to be helpful.
13) Nonrepudiation is moving toward application-level security, requiring authentication for
each application a user wants to access.
14) Authentication is a means of providing proof of data transmission or receipt so that the
occurrence of a transaction cannot later be refused.
15) Identification services can prove that someone was the actual sender of a message.
16) Virtual Private Networks are hardware or software that controls access between networks.
17) Biometrics are the most widely used security technology.
18) For digital signatures to work, a trusted third party must issue the keys to individuals and
19) Tunneling creates a temporary connection between to remote computer which blocks access
to anyone trying to intercept messages sent over that link.
20) The trend in computer security is toward policy-based management.
21) The core challenge of security management is:
A) finding the right balance between shielding the organization’s main assets from
B) finding the right balance between shielding the organization’s main processes from
C) enabling staff to do their jobs.
D) All of the above