How can I effectively compose routine, positive, negative, and persuasive
Healthcare employees are expected to be effective communicators with
written and spoken communication. In order to send a variety of messages
to others, in a way that is understandable and well-received, you must follow
the three-step writing process.
Brief Business Messages
Answer the following questions.
1. According to your textbook, when is an email message appropriate for communicating? An
email is appropriate for short , informal messages that request information and respond to
inquiries. also when theres multiple recievers, or the information needs to be archived.
2. List two purposes of good email subject lines?
a. Summerizes the main Idea
b. Avoids meaningless statements
3. List the four reasons when an inter-office memorandum would be more appropriate than sending an
When employees dont have a work email
For complex detailed messages
for longer messages
for a permanent record
4. Business letters are more confidential than messages sent through electronic media.
5. What is the best advice for using instant messaging or texting on the job?
(Select only one)
☐ Use jargon, slang, or abbreviations freely to save time.
☐ Feel free to use instant messaging or texts to send sensitive information.
X Learn about your organization's messaging policies
☐ Make yourself available at all times.