CASE STUDY (20 POINTS)
WHAT A SALESPERSON DOES?
For this case, assume that you have just been appointed as a salesperson for a 50-room resort that is
targeted at small to medium sized companies. On your first day in the role, your new sales manager
tells you that he wants you ‘on-the-road’ selling in four-week time. That means you now have a
month to get yourself ready. To help you, a few headings have been provided below.
As a new salesperson, you would probably need to know/have:
▪ How to Identify and Reach Prospects
▪ How to Present to Prospects
▪ Sales Tools You Might Need
▪ Things to Know about the Resort’s Products and Services
▪ Things to Know about Your Resort
▪ How to Finalize and Follow-up Sales
▪ How to Act/Think Like a Salesperson
▪ As an individual, What Training Will You Need to Ask Your Supervisor for?
▪ Other Tasks?