How can I effectively compose routine, positive, negative, and persuasive
Healthcare employees are expected to be effective communicators with
written and spoken communication. In order to send a variety of messages
to others, in a way that is understandable and well-received, you must follow
the three-step writing process.
Brief Business Messages
Answer the following questions.
1. According to your textbook, when is an email message appropriate for communicating?
It is appropriate for short, informal messages that request information and to respond to inquiries. It’s
also effective for messages to multiple receivers and messages that must be saved. And, it can also
be used as a cover document when you are sending longer attachments.
2. List two purposes of good email subject lines?
a. Summarize the main idea in condensed form
b. Make the receiver want to open the message
3. List the four reasons when an inter-office memorandum would be more appropriate than sending an
Too long for email
Require a permanent record
Inform employees who may not have work email
4. Business letters are more confidential than messages sent through electronic media.
5. What is the best advice for using instant messaging or texting on the job?
(Select only one)
☐ Use jargon, slang, or abbreviations freely to save time.
☐ Feel free to use instant messaging or texts to send sensitive information.